January 13, 2015 by Tony Novak
This information is needed to prepare a 2014 individual income tax return. note that if the answer to the first question is “yes” then the rest may be omitted. Otherwise, additional information and documentation is required to determine applicability of a tax penalty.
Did all family members have qualified coverage for the entire year? (If yes, skip other questions)
If no, list each person and dates of coverage
Was your previous insurance policy cancelled in 2014?
Do you have an Exemption from the Marketplace?
Was coverage offered by taxpayer’s or spouse’s employer?
Are you a member of a federally recognized Indian tribe?
Are you eligible for services through an Indian health care provider?
Are you a member of a health care sharing ministry?
Did you live in the United States the entire year?
Are you enrolled in TRICARE?
Did you apply for CHIP coverage?
Do any of the following apply to you?
- Became homeless
- Evicted in the past six months, or facing eviction or foreclosure
- Received a shut-off notice from a utility company
- Recently experienced domestic violence
- Recently experienced the death of a close family member
- Recently experienced a fire, flood, or other natural or human-caused disaster that resulted in substantial damage to your property
- Filed for bankruptcy in the last six months
- Incurred medical expenses in the last 24 months that were not reimbursed that resulted in substantial debt
- Experienced unexpected increases in essential expenses due to caring for an ill, disabled, or aging family member