June 29, 2011 by Tony Novak
Author’s Note added 2/7/2015: For a current listing of available products see http://freedombenefits.net/site-map.html
The following products will be updated to include new benefits. The official notification of the rollout date will be coming soon.
- Patriot Travel Medical Insurance®
- Outreach Travel Medical InsuranceSM
- Patriot Group Travel Medical Insurance®
- Patriot GreenSM Travel Medical Insurance
- Patriot Platinum Travel Medical InsuranceSM
In summary, the following updates will be made:
- Sudden and Unexpected Recurrence of a Pre-existing Condition (all plans):U.S. Citizen
– Up to age 65 with a Primary Health plan – URC up to certificate maximum
– Up to age 65 without a Primary Health plan – $20,000 lifetime maximum
– Age 65 + with or without a Primary Health plan – $2,500 lifetime maximum
Note: Primary Health plan must have existed prior to effective date and during coverage of the
IMG plan and the pre-existing condition must be covered under the Primary Health Plan.
- Evacuation Plus Rider: Provides coverage for emergency medical evacuation for medical conditions that are non-life threatening and evacuations as a
result of a natural disaster. Patriot Platinum Non Life-threatening Medical Evacuation – Up to a maximum of $50,000. Disaster Evacuation – Up
to a maximum of $10,000. Requirements: Up to age 65. Available with a minimum of 3 months of coverage regardless of the minimum number of days
- Patriot Group Travel, Patriot Green same additional base changes as Patriot Travel
- Rate Hold – We are holding rates on these plans with the exception of Patriot Platinum America; however, it will now include an additional benefit for non-U.S.
- Platinum Only Enhancement – Coverage up to $20,000 for a Sudden and Unexpected Recurrence of a Pre-existing Condition for non-U.S. citizens up to age 65.